Here are the Minutes from our last meeting, come and help support and shape Nathan Hale Music (after dining at Chipotle (make sure you mention Hale Music prior to paying)
Questions? Contact the following people with your questions:
Barb Dolby, president: babsdolby (to add items to agenda)
Donna Crist, treasurer: thecristfamily
Meredith Berlin, secretary: tellmeri
Rebecca Dietz, direct donation drive: dietzrc
Jen Barron, swag sales, Chipotle: wannabefolkie
Anne Viggiano, website: avcolordesign
Laurie Duyker, communications: theduykers
Carol Suddarth, Disney Cookie Fundraiser: caroljsuddarth
Nathan Hale Music Boosters Meeting
· Feb. 8, 2017 Minutes; held in the music room at Nathan Hale High School
· Taken and submitted by Carolyn Price
· Next Music Boosters Meeting: March 8, 7:30 p.m.
Evan reported he has submitted two grants: one for $5,000; one for $2,000.
He has a new upcoming group of drum line students.
Val Grams for Valentine’s Day in the works for fundraising
Katrina reported that due to inclement weather on Feb. 7, the field trip to the UW was cancelled. She is checking in to see if there will be a refund.
· March 1: Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble evening with UW
· March 2: Field trip to Garfield for Orchestra; chaperones needed
· March 4: Pancakes and Performance fundraiser
· March 11: Chamber Orchestra in Bellingham at WWU
· March 16: Winter Concert Orchestra Night – Request for Baked goods to sell
Dan reported that the Vocal/Jazz Band may be performing at Folk Life May 26.
There is a fundraiser planned for May 21 for the group at the Royal Room Restaurant in Columbia City.
· Chipotle’s on March 8;
· Selling eight flavors of Cougar Mountain Cookie Dough – a local Ballard company. Each seller will receive 50% of proceeds. Dough will be delivered by March 9;
· Pancakes and Performance – see more below.
Performance in Anaheim is planned for Friday, with plans to be done at 8:30. Itinerary to come. We have enough chaperones – thank you!
Final balance of the trip was due Feb. 15. Roommate requests were requested: four students to a room.
There will be 69 kids going plus chaperones.
Jennifer will coordinate the printing of (preferably red) t-shirts for all to wear during the performance and at Disneyland on Saturday.
Pancakes and Performance:
Seth, a percussionist senior student at NH, made a presentation to the group for the Pancakes and Performance morning on March 4 that he is coordinating for his Senior Project. This is a Music Boosters benefit. Requested donations are $5 for students; $7 for adults – and we hope we will get more donations than the requested amount. Cash or checks only. All NH music groups will perform with the schedule to be determined. Seth will create a parent volunteer schedule through the Sign-up Genius program. Seth will also promote the morning fundraiser to the local middle schools and elementary schools to encourage attendees as well as introduce future NH students to our fabulous music program!
Gaining Non-Profit status for the Nathan Hale Music Boosters Club was discussed and there is movement toward making this happen. More to come. This would mean that all Performing Arts donations would receive a tax deduction. (Carolyn wasn’t clear if this include the Drama Dept.)